Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Handle a Coworker Who is Sabotaging You


From "Handle a Sabotaging Coworker," by Beverly West, Career Advice on Monster.
To read the full article, go here.

Look at the toss between emotions and logic (thinking) in the recommendations.

It is wise to have some good measures in place to protect yourself if you ever fall under a colleague's attack....Always have backup for everything you've done ... (THINK AHEAD)

Rise Above the Drama of Coworker Sabotage
If you can, don't let your coworker's anger or frustration get to you.... "My first instincts are to resort to a voodoo doll, a stapler or a tube of Super Glue, but I fight those urges and try to remain calm and peaceful," says Richard Ogawa.....

"I just avoid the situation," he says. "I don't give the person the time of day. I don't get upset.

Try to find the humor, if any, in the situation.

There are times, though, when avoidance and humor won't work, and you have no choice but to address the situation. "If it comes down to having to confront the coworker, try and approach the situation with logic, not emotion...."

For coaching, email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc .



Add to My Yahoo!

No comments: