Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

Love is blind... Smoke gets in your eyes... Dreamy-eyed ...

We have metaphors and similes for all the important emotional events in our lives.

Our emotions are in every cell of our body, and one way you can start to develop your emotional intelligence (EQ) is to check in with what's going on in your body. In reaction to various emotions your body temperature will change, your posture, the expressions on your face, the turn of your head, your digestion, your pulse. Thus, we have phrases such as:

That man makes my flesh creep.
The hair stood up on the back of my neck.
Love sick.
Vomiting rage.
Frozen with terror.
Bedroom eyes.
Blind with rage.
Cold-blooded killer.
Hot under the collar.
My blood ran cold.
He has ice water in his veins.
She's hot!
A chill ran down my spine.
Green with envy.
Green-eyed monster.
My brains went south.
That movie was a nail-biter.
I saw red.
When she died, all my lights went out.



Add to My Yahoo!

No comments: