Tuesday, December 01, 2009

What's a Social Skill?


A social skill is any skill facilitating interaction and communication with others. Social rules and relations are created, communicated, and changed in verbal and nonverbal ways. The process of learning such skills is called socialization.

aka Emotional Intelligence

From some source, I know not what:

10 Ways to Improve Your Interpersonal Skills

1. Smile.
2. Be appreciative.
3. Pay attention to others.
4. Practice active listening.
5. Bring people together.
6. Resolve conflicts.
7. Communicate clearly.
8. Use humor.
9. See it from their side.
10. Don't whine.

Sounds good to me! Want to improve your EQ? Take THE EQ COURSE.

Better yet, become a certified EQ coach and train others. My course is highly-rated, on the Internet, interactive and includes coaching sessions with me. Email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc for more information. I have trained and certified coaches internationally.

Add to My Yahoo!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Emotional intelligence is essential to handle a firm effectively. To be intelligent emotionally, one must learn how to handle a complex situation effortlessly.

Tanya Crane said...

Emotional intelligence is necessary to hold a firm efficiently. To be smart emotionally, one should gain knowledge of how to handle an intricate situation without too much effort. Training would add some more to people.

Susan Dunn, EQ Coach said...

Yes. Let me know if I can help you with training.