Colin Powell's Rules. Consider how many relate to EQ.
He is known to be, first and foremost, a people-person, and someone who believes solutions must be invented to meet particular situations.
1. It ain't bad as you think. It will be better in the morning.
2. Get mad, then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done!
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don't let adverse facts stand in the way of a good decision.
7. You can't make someone else's choices. You shouldn't let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don't take counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
Except from Colin Powell's book My American Journey, with Joseph E. Percsico, Page 613, 1995