Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spitzer, Hubris and Emotional Intelligence

Emotional Intelligence, Spitzer ... and self-sabotage

According to article on bloomberg.com - go here for full article.

``It's another instance in which a very smart, very powerful man brings himself down through his own hubris,'' said William Cunningham, a political consultant who worked on the senior staffs of former Democratic New York Governors Hugh Carey and Mario Cuomo. ``We have seen it with Richard Nixon, we've seen it with Bill Clinton, very successful people who think they have their own set of rules, and self-inflict their own wounds.''

Good time to learn more about emotional intelligence? Take THE EQ COURSE. Email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc for more information. The current demand is overloading my email capacity, so please keep trying until your email gets through. I'm adding more amp as we speak.

HUBRIS - another word for self-sabotage, and lack of self-awareness.

If you don't know the meaning and roots of the word hubris ask me about my mythology course. There are some words that simply stand for all time.

Add to My Yahoo!

No comments: