Friday, November 11, 2005

What Kind of Food Are You?

I talked with someone today who had just found out someone else thought he was "intimidating." It's something he had never considered. I was chuckling as he talked, because everything he was describing I'd seen him do, and, in fact, had felt intimidated by him myself on more than one occasion. Typically, until we get mindful, people tell us things all the time that are "true," and also useful things to know about ourselves (some of which need correcting for more effective living!) but never make it on the radar screen. Then ... "When the student is ready the teacher will come."

These little personality quizzes can help us raise our awareness about ourselves, which is what EQ is all about. It starts with self-awareness. I took it and it turns out I'M A NACHO! I am, indeed, dependable ... as night follors day. Therefore I therefore never think to tell someone that I am. Of course actions count the most, but I tend to assume people know I'm dependable because, well, I am! This little quiz reminds me that the "spiciness" might make someone who doesn't know me think I'm not dependable, and that's a good thing to know. Impression management!

Take the quiz and see what kind of food YOU are.

You Are Mexican Food

Spicy yet dependable.
You pull punches, but people still love you.