Wednesday, September 21, 2005

EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE _ GET IN EARLY

EQ IN SAUDI ARABIA AND AROUND THE WORLD

It never ceases to amaze me at the worldwide phenomenon that is emotional intelligence. I was just asked to bring an EQ program to a bank in Saudi Arabia.

This bank is international and "right on." Did you read about the trials and tribulations of the new CEO of Sony, Howard Stringer, as he tries to learn how to make the Japanese laugh (when giving a speech). (There's a more important task to learn first -- among business people in Japan, what is the attitude toward humor in a business setting, involving the CEO of a major international corporation.)

It's for sure the world is getting smaller and I find it exciting. With the Internet and ease-of-travel, we can swing a very wide net if we want to, for business, for socializing, for
finding a mate, and for networking.

I have trained and certified coaches all over the United States and in the following countries:

Singapore
China
Bermuda
Canada
UK
Scotland
Wales
Malaysia
The Philippines

This is enriching for me, adds to my knowledge and ability to help you learn how to apply EQ to diversity and multicultural, and reinforces to me that EQ is THE universal language. It is understood by people all over the world, because it's waht we are all about.

Though I see variations on themes in different parts of the world, my Foundation Course is immediately understand, and the applications are much the same. People everywhere have "feelings," work in teams, care about their intimate relationships, have to work with "difficult" people, are stressed, are experiencing physical symptoms up to and including fibromyalgia and heart attacks (the most documented, but by no means the only diseases related to mismanagement of emotions). They have heard about "this thing called emotional intelligence" and want to learn about it.

I also receive email regularly from university and graduate students around the world who are doing research on EQ for their degrees and want to talk with me about it.

No comments: