The planet Mars is coming as close to earth as it gets in mid-November. We think we saw it the other night, big and bright. It's fitting because I just read Clousewitz on War, and A History of Warfare, by John Keegan. I also brushed up on my emotional intelligence. Why?
Because Mars is named for the god of War, and war has been around a long time - anger, violence, arguments, conflict - but like any energy, this energy can be used for good things, or bad things. It's self-protective (we fight to protect ourselves or our loved ones, or our possessions), but if you let this energy get out of hand, or misinterpret or over-react to threats, you miss all the better ways to manifest your "warrior spirit."
In the coming weeks we will have the holidays and the political scene, football, our relationships and our work situations to explore this energy with. How you experience the holidays will depend on how prepared you are -- emotionally. It is a time of intense extremes. Coaching can help you keep perspective. I'll be available all through the holidays for sessions. Email me at email@example.com .
This intense time of year can make us more prone to temper tantrums, outbursts, violence, and even cruelty. But it can also bring fighting spirit for good things, bravery and even heroic acts.
Our emotional energy needs to be understood and modulated.
- Addictions rearing their ugly heads
- All the negative emotions - anger, guilt, worry and fear
- Extreme highs and extreme lows
- Over-reactions - including rescuing and over-helping
- Increased stress from hiding anger and negative energy we don't know how to deal with
- Intense startups that exhaust us and then peter our (one-week exercise program, the 2-day "diet")
- Fanaticism and proselytizing
- Stress, stress, stress - chemicals that exhaust and stress you and related health problems, physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.
Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org for my
TIPS FOR COPING with THE HOLIDAYS.
Email consultation, phone, THE EQ COURSE