How do we deal with this?
Well, the less said the better.
If she asks you about the former woman(en) in your life, and you get all moony-eyed and are tempted to talk about her fantastic figure and beautiful face, well don't!. First of all it shows you aren't 'over' her. Second, what woman wants to compare herself to that. So just skip it.
If he asks you about your ex and he hit you / ran off with your best friend / etc., well don't! The only thing this will lead to is why you stuck around this person, which leads to how you choose people ... which means - well we're human -- he's going to think -- if she chooses so poorly, what am I doing here??
Work with your Dating Coach to come up with responses that don't get you in trouble from the get-go.
We've all got exes. Maybe it's best to leave it at that??
Contact me for coaching if you would like help with this complicated topic - or others that come up, like:
- You've been married TWO times?
- How long do you plan to keep working?
- Wait a minute ... you got divorced in 1990 and have never remarried?
- How come you never got married (at all)?
- Your marriage only lasted two years?
- Are you willing to relocate?
- We live 500 miles apart. The distance is too great.
Everyone's looking. There's a partner for everyone. So call me and get back on track! 817-741-7223. Susan Dunn, The Dating Coach.