Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Millionaire finds happiness at work



WHAT IS THE ONE THING MONEY CAN'T BUY --
EVEN $1,000,000?

Mary works at a boutique convenience store that sells Lottery tickets. There are many conversations about what the person would do if they won.


I think it's a happy person who says, "I'd keep doing that I'm doing only ... travel A BIT/help others/buy my parents a home/send my kid to the best college, etc.


At least 3 coaches I have trained and certified, who are at what some might consider "retirement" age, tell me they will keep doing it "forever." (If you want to become a coach, email me for information on my unique coach certification program.- sdunn@susandunn.cc .)


And now for today's story. You may have heard this story from London. You can read more about it here.

THE MILLIONAIRE

Luke Pittard won £1.3million in the National (UK) Lottery over a year ago and he did what many of us would do - he bought a new house; he had a fancy wedding; he holidayed in the Canary Islands.


And then he decided he missed his friends at work, and he went back to work. At McDonald's!

His comment: "They all think I'm a bit mad but I tell them there's more to life than money," he said. "I loved working at McDonald's before I became a millionaire and I'm really enjoying being back there again."


He added: "To be honest, there's only so much relaxing you can do. "I'm only young and a bit of hard work never did anyone any harm."

So, happiness is ...

Well, friends have a lot to do with it. And love. And work you enjoy. And perhaps the kind of attitude Luke has. He seems to have everything in perspective. He missed his friends, and so he went back to find them.

Do you have things in perspective? The EQ COURSE can help a lot. Most people call it "the missing piece."


Add to My Yahoo!

No comments: