Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What about those things you don't want to feel?




Let's face it, there are feelings we don't like to have - sorrow, anger, grief, self-righteousness, pointless entitlement, jealousy, envy, longing.

There are feelings we wish we could engender in others. I'm partnering expert on a major website, and every day I get a request "How can I make him love me? How can I get her back?"

There are times we want to manufacture feelings -- "I must make myself love this person, or even like them, since I have to work with her every day."

Will power doesn't work. Besides that, it will exhaust you before you even get out the starting gate. There's a better way!

The EQ COURSE will help you understand how emotions/feelings work and what you can do about it.

Many people call it "the missing piece."

It is a law of emotions, just like a law of physics, that if you stuff down one emotion, you stuff them all down. This is important to understand if you want to have a full, enriched, successful life. So what about the ones we don't want to feel, I mean REALLY don't want to feel?

  • If you refuse to deal with hate, you cannot love.
  • If you refuse to mourn, you cannot feel pleasure.
  • If you will not forgive you will eat yourself up from the inside out.
  • If you choose to be bitter and cynical, you will further restrict your life.

Some emotions are even what we would call "destructive". See the Dalai Llama's book on this. Did you know that 5 minutes of anger suppresses your immune system for up to 8 hours??"

So how on earth do you keep from getting angry? (without becoming a numb robot that is) Let me show you.

I love emotional intelligence. It's my passion. Let me share it with you! email me at sdunn@susandunn.cc and let's get to work!






Add to My Yahoo!

No comments: